Monday, January 27, 2014

Dreams Do Come True

I last wrote when I was about to submit my book proposal for Moving Toward Happy: A Practical and Spiritual Guide to a More Fulfilling Life, to Hay House as part of the Writer's Workshop, where they allowed all attendees to submit their proposals without an agent. That, in itself, was quite a gift!

I was beyond speechless when Hay House called me Monday, November 25 about 5pm to tell me I had won First Runner Up, with a Master Publishing Package from Balboa Press worth nearly $8,000!! (Yes, that deserves lots of exclamation points!!!)

I had signs from the Universe that made me believe this might be the turning point (the proposal was due on my birthday 10/28, and my badge number read 2828282 - some might dismiss that as mere coincidence but I absolutely couldn't). I had a shred of doubt of course; who wouldn't with a big deal like this? But winning First Runner Up has brought new meaning to the phrase "Dreams Do Come True."

Now, you might say it's just the second step (submitting it was the first) and I still have a long way to go, but to me, I have already won. I have been acknowledged, prized and congratulated not only by Hay House, but many friends and family. I have deepened my resolve to make "AUTHOR/SPEAKER" the adjective that goes automatically with "Terry Chriswell" and although I have bouts of paralyzing fear, I will advance confidently in the direction of my dreams and endeavor to live the life which I have imagined (placing myself directly into the quote from Henry David Thoreau.) I WILL meet with a success unexpected in common hours. I am making my dreams come true. How about you?

If you can, join me for my Moving Toward Happy Workshops March 15 and 22 in Lakewood CO! Check out www.movingtowardhappy.com.

The best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment