Friday, October 28, 2011

Another Birthday Come and Gone

After last year's birthday during which I worked the entire day, I vowed I wouldn't do that again. Not that working on your birthday is bad, but working all day is! It's just not a proper celebration of one's special day. And if you have a choice, like I do, I prefer to spend it in some sort of celebration. I'll admit, at 46, (AHHH! that's the first time I have written that!) I still like to hear Happy Birthday being sung to me over a cake with at least one candle. I also like to open cards and presents. I like to be pampered and feel taken care of.
I don't think that ever gets old (like I am). Don't get me wrong, if you forget my birthday or don't send a card, I won't sulk over it. After all, it's my day and like the rest of my life, I am responsible for it.
Assuming I was going to be alone this year, I took the bull by the horns and made plans to go to Devil's Thumb Spa and Ranch, about an hour and a half from where I live. Then we realized the dates were all mixed up and Doug's gig was off. Darn. I do miss him while I am here enjoying my little respite from the everyday, but I am glad I came.
I want to mark every birthday from here on out with something really different and special. It doesn't have to be fancy - God knows I am not a fancy girl. But I want to remember it, and the feeling that comes with being special for a day. Who knows how many birthdays I have left? Could be 50 more, could be 1. This might be the last one! If that's the case, and it's my time to go sometime in my 36th...whoops I mean 46th....year, then I am glad to have done my last one up in the celebratory style to which I wish I could have become accustomed.
Cheers and a happy birthday to everyone born on October 28!

No comments:

Post a Comment